As I draw nearer to the end of my contentment challenge, I got shopping on the brain. The challenge has been truly impactful, don't get me wrong. I don't think I'll ever go back to spending like I used to, especially because I am more motivated than ever on my debt free journey! Despite my success and motivation, I know myself and I know I need a little wiggle room in my budget for some fun spending or I will get totally burnt out and go on a spending bender.
I started working on my March zero-based budget this past week. It's one of the very few times I have actually sat down and crunched the numbers rather than just estimating in my head. First, I calculated my income, then my total bills, and then budgeted out the remainder. I was pleasantly surprised to find there was, in fact, a little wiggle room for some personal spending. I've budgeted $50 a month in this category, which is less than 10% of my former average in this category (yikes).
Believe it or not, fifty dollars can go a long way if you're shopping smart. Fortunately, it's easier than ever to shop smart since Amazon Prime is a thing. Free two-day shipping is my favorite alternative to using fuel, fighting traffic, and battling social anxiety out in public. I've curated some awesome finds under $50 for you just in time for spring! At the time of my research, all of these are Amazon Prime eligible so you shouldn't have to wait too long for them to be at your door ;)
- Geometric Ceramic Planter $35 - All this beautiful Spring-like weather we are having has me SO READY to plant pretty things, this planter is perfect for any spring cottage.
- Checkered Summer Tunic Dress $13 - Gingham is so trendy lately, but I feel like it's a timeless print. This dress has me aching for summer!
- Macrame Shelf Hanging Planter $22 - How cute is this!? I can think of a million places it could go in my home!
- Youth To The People Cleanser $35 - This has great reviews and anything green tea scented is a yes for me.
- Very Volatile Women's Lookout Western Boot $47- THIS IS A GREAT PRICE ON THESE! I bought some similar back in October for $100+! I cannot recommend this brand enough. I have some very similar to this and I get constant compliments on them + they are so comfy! They last forever and the distressed look is frankly, so bad ass.
- Peter Pan Collar Floral Embroidered Blouse $17 - This gorgeous top has free people vibes and five star reviews.
- Embroidered Chiffon Tunic Dress $21 - This is such a versatile piece! It has great reviews and that embroidery is darling!
- Rifle Paper Co. Botanicals Labels & Stickers $10 - Great price for anything Rifle Paper Company! I have had a sticker and stationeery obsession since I can remember so this one is a no brainer for me.
- Paddywax Candles Jane Austen Soy Wax Candle (Gardenia, Tuberose, Jasmine) $24 - Okay, so it's a little much for a candle, but it's Paddywax AND Jane Austen AND it smells like a beautiful spring floral dream. WORTH IT!
Found any great spring-y deals lately? Let me know in the comments!